Monday, August 17, 2009

One of my Best Weekends

Having just finished my first week of work for Viterbi Admission and Student Affairs and learning that it is my last weekend before school starts, I made sure to make the best of every day this weekend.

Friday night I met up Graham and Brendan in Newport. We did some midnight surfing at 36th. There was no moon, tide or surf but it was an awesome session. This is what is looked like:


The next morning we went out to Harbor House for omelets. Then I went out to fish Newport Bay near a spot called "The Rail". I wanted to catch a spotted bass. I had just learned about spotted bass a week prior so I specifically was hunting for one. After 45 minutes of throwing plastics, I nailed one and released it.


Then for the first time in 6 years, I got new swim trunks. Surprisingly not from Kanvas by Katin(that will be my next pair). I then went to a friend's going away party.

Sunday morning I made plans to go fishing in the Back Bay of Newport with my cousin Michael and my bro Andrew. We fished the docks looking for bat rays, but ended up catching a leopard shark. Andrew had the urge to swim with the shark, so he did.

If that wasn't enough of a good weekend, a boat came to the dock and handed over a yellowtail and two dorado. We rolled up the fish in Andrew's towel:



And to top it all off, I am setting up interviews with an aircraft interior manufacturer and a medical device manufacturer so that I can have a full time engineering job in December.

Not too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment